Road Shoes ( SPD Compatiable)

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Jdratcliffe, 20 Jul 2012.

1. Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe Well-Known Member

Looking for a new pair of cycle shoes as my last pair which cheapy (wiggles sale) DHB Road shoes have finaly started to give up after a 2years commuting. would like to keep the budget low ( last pair were £40 but could spend a bit more possible up to £80ish if were epc £100 need to match my CAAD8 in black red and white

Attached Files:

2. There are some road shoes which will take SPD cleats, like Specialized and Northwave, but it's not a good combination, as the road shoe offers no 'cover' for the cleat, which on it's own is quite small and difficult to walk on - not to mention the damage it could do to some surfaces. If you are on SPD pedals, then MTB shoes would make more sense...

gaz likes this.
  3. Scilly Suffolk

Scilly Suffolk Über Member

Why not another pair of the DHB? Two years for £40 sounds like outstanding value to me.

4. OP
    OP
    Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe Well-Known Member

5. deanbmx

deanbmx Über Member

I've got a pair of shimano ro87s with spd cleats, I can't fault them. The only shoe I could find that were a wide enough fit.

6. Scilly Suffolk

Scilly Suffolk Über Member

I would think that, generally, MTB shoes are not as stiff as road shoes, but whether most riders would notice the difference is another question.

If you are concerned about such things then why aren't you using a road set-up? Using MTB cleats on road shoes compromises the advantages of both systems.

7. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice