Road shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spence

Über Member
When I make the mistake of going out on the road bike I wear the liners out of my Endure Hummvee’s; is there any benefit of buying a pair of proper lycra road shorts? The liners seem a bit thin and maybe not so padded. Thoughts.

Ta

SimonC

When I make the mistake of going out on the road bike I wear the liners out of my Endure Hummvee’s; is there any benefit of buying a pair of proper lycra road shorts? The liners seem a bit thin and maybe not so padded. Thoughts.

Ta

Bib shorts are much more comfortable around the waist, dont dig in. The type/style/thickness of liner is dependent on the manufacturer. More padded doesnt always mean more comfortable.

As for which bib shorts.....a whole other can of worms, but I use Lusso meself.

mattsccm

Bib shorts are much more comfortable around the waist, dont dig in. The type/style/thickness of liner is dependent on the manufacturer. More padded doesnt always mean more comfortable.

As for which bib shorts.....a whole other can of worms, but I use Lusso meself.

i would have thought that the humvee liners are the same as my Singletrack liners. To all intents and purposes they are a normal lycra short with a few poppers on.
The only difference you'll see is if you go for more expensive ones with flashier pads etc. Yours are the same as road shorts at that price band which isn't bad. I reckon (being in the process of looking for something for nothing ) that you will be looking at spending 40 quid plus for normal shorts to find a bter pad and that may not be any better for you. Bib shorts are more comfy if you have a gut like me as they don't roll over. If you are a skinny sod and the liners fit you could be spending money for nothing.

OP
OP
spence

spence

Über Member
Cheers

Yep Matt, correct using the same clickfast liners. Thanks for the input, sort of what I was thinking. Only real concern was their thickness or thinness, may just buy another pair of baggies. Don’t ride the road for long enough for the gut discomfort - at 14.5 stone by no way skinny - to be a real issue. Have Endura ¾ bibs or Thermostat’s for the colder times.

Top Bottom