Road to Gravel Conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks! 32 might be the option. 32 or 33 I think would work.

I use 32c Gatorskins on my Diverge. God they are tough old tyres, been over all sorts of sharp shale etc. with my 17st onboard. Zero punctures, slight buckle on front DT Swiss though!

november4

Is it rim brake? I moved from 28mm to 30mm totally fine, and run 60psi instead of 80psi.....huge difference, does light gravel ok. Need to open brake caliper to remove wheel

My frame max is 30mm, with the wheels I have

OP
OP
mirobertson

mirobertson

Regular
Is it rim brake? I moved from 28mm to 30mm totally fine, and run 60psi instead of 80psi.....huge difference, does light gravel ok. Need to open brake caliper to remove wheel

My frame max is 30mm, with the wheels I
It’s a disc brake. I think the consensus seems to be to stick with 28s or maybe go with 30s but don’t bother going much larger since there isn’t much benefit and there is a risk of reducing tyre clearance.

Jameshow

Veteran
Well I do much more road cycling and my old road bike was a bit rubbish. It was just a starter bike. Heavy with not great shifters. But I thought if I could repurpose the old bike it would be a bonus! The bike has disc brakes so thanks for the advice. Maybe finding a decent 33mm gravel tyre is the way to go. I suspect 35mm will be too wide.

Makes much more sense now!

I'd go for 32mm if possible you want 3mm clearance all round. Quite a few tyres come up small too.

Top Bottom