Road tyres for a Islabike Luath700?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crisscross

My daughter's Islabike has knobblies which I guess were cyclocross tyres and are fine for everyday cycling.

She likes to use her bike at time trials around the purpose built circuit at UCLan sports centre and Salt Aire, as well as on the road.

Should we stick with what we have got at the mo - will skinny tyres make a big difference?

Are they suitable for everyday use or are the knobblies better?

What size would people recommend and does anyone know of any bargains out there at the mo?

Cheers.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I don't know what rim the Luath700 uses but it states that it comes with 23mm slicks. So you could probably fit between a 28 and 23mm tyre on their safely. So 700c 23 - 28mm
If she is never using it off road then there is little point in using knobblies. Get some slick tyres, they will make her faster

OP
OP
C

crisscross

Thanks gaz, 23mm sound fine.

Please have you any idea which make/ model of slicks I should look at?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Any model you want, as long as the tyres are 700c 23mm then they will fit the rim if it is the standard one that is supplied from islabike.

You may want to check with your daughter first, using narrow slick tyres can be quite daunting at first and she may not feel comfortable doing it. A 25mm tyre is a little bit wider, offers more comfort but doesn't loose much on rolling resistance.

Top Bottom