Roadkill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
you killed it or ran over it already on it's way out?

good, they're proper vermin and a public health hazard

supposedly filthy with disease so be careful what you touched it with

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wouldn't know how to put anything out of it's misery effectively - be too worried about making it worse.

Thought you were going to say you'd run over some 'goo' and it had splattered your bike - if so wash off fast as it soon goes off, and your bike would stink.... even small amounts get surprisingly whiffy

Iceniner

If you had been using your brakes a fair bit they would have been nice and warm for bbq squirrel :-)

OP
OP
yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Tynan said:
you killed it or ran over it already on it's way out?

good, they're proper vermin and a public health hazard

supposedly filthy with disease so be careful what you touched it with

I was the culprit who ran over it. I haven't disenfected my tyres but I did aim for more puddles on the rest of the trip home.

bonj2

Rank. I wouldn't deliberately kill any animal vermin or not, as they've all got family and friends, but given that you had already run it over, well done for putting it out of its misery. Dare I ask how you actually put it out of its misery?

Needless to say, don't listen to Cunobelin.

neslon

An ex colleague was driving to work when he hit a cat. He drove on for a moment, then reversed to see how it was. There on the verge was a cat thrashing about on the grass. Being a compassionate type, he put it out of its misery with a wheel brace. As he pulled away, he noticed another cat, presumably the one he had hit, on a hedge. The other one had been happily rolling in the sun...;)

OP
OP
yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
bonj said:
Rank. I wouldn't deliberately kill any animal vermin or not, as they've all got family and friends, but given that you had already run it over, well done for putting it out of its misery. Dare I ask how you actually put it out of its misery?

Needless to say, don't listen to Cunobelin.

I used a brick but I am really squeamish about stuff like that but I figured it was kinder than leaving it to die slowly.

Top Bottom