Roadrash's Zaskar warming Cyclechat Llandegla bash. Sat Oct 15th 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Does this work when you're upside down, and sliding backwards Dan?
Try it!

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Looks like I am first one back so here is a quick ride report.

Started off quite foggy but we all met in the café and after hot drinks and some grub set off into the hills. Fossy was in fine spirits and his bike looked particularly clean and shiny in the foggy car park....
upload_2016-10-15_15-45-6.png

The first climb got us all nicely warmed up and we were soon hurtling down the trails like loonies until a tree stump ran out and pushed Fossy off his bike before running back into the hiding place it had come from. It must have been moving quick because the Go-pro footage of the incident didn't catch the offender!

Llandegla was it's usual glorious self and provided mucho grin factor on the downs and grimacing on the ups. Hacienda is PDQ so it came down to him and me to take it in turns at the front while Kestevan and Fossyant were busy fighting over the backmarker position.

upload_2016-10-15_15-51-40.png

By about the halfway point is became clear that Fossy was struggling after hurting his shoulder in the early fall. Kestevan didn't have an excuse :tongue:
I was convinced that Fossy would have no choice but to bail, however he amazed us all by soldiering on to the end and was actually attacking the downhills with some gusto (made somewhat easier by the fact he was riding one of those comfy armchair full suspension type bikes).
Anyway, we all made it safely to the end in almost one piece and on time too so we will be getting brownie points for actually getting home when we had said we would :angel:

Here we are at the end, still smiling while we bask in the glorious sunshine that made an appearance during the ride :sun:

upload_2016-10-15_15-58-33.png

Looking forward to the next outing. There was some talk about getting @potsy down to Clayton Vale.......

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
@roadrash Kestevan and me rode our hardtail GTs like pro's and I even wore my classic GT owners club shirt from 1994 especially for the event. Hope you can join us next time, maybe Clayton Vale would be less challenging in your current condition?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fossy's put a bit of weight on :whistle:

I have... put it on whilst lying on the settee for months. That's the lost 2kg shot...

My lack of fitness did show and I couldn't get any drink from the camelback. Popped the pipe off the bladder when that tree stump attacked me. You couldn't make it up. Top of the mountain, flat, clear and a tree stump got me. I've got it on camera so will sort it out tomorrow.

Had a brill time and I need to shed those pounds. The high up boardwalk was great. You were already committed when I noticed it. The big swooping drop near the end was great.

Absolutely filthy. Had a job not getting the beige interior dirty. Failed.

I suppose I didn't do too bad considering I've done about 400 miles in 12 months. Small blessings as I was very nearly unable to ride or walk.

The Boardman is great. Love the power of the brakes and the dropper post was fab. Certainly helps with confidence going downhill and you aren't perched on a high saddle.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Superb day out Skol, cheers for organising it.

Made me realise I need to get out on the mtb more often and build up some more skill (and bravery).

Possibly need a bike with 2 working brakes first though.

I've got a video of Skol doing the descent above, but unfortunately not the first one complete with rodeo arm movements and girly screams.....

fossyant

@I like Skol @Hacienda71 @Kestevan

Some quick clips from yesterday until the camera came off ! :blush:

What the farking fark did you actually hit in the first one! I mean you both ran wide in that corner but the sniper only got you, Fossy. And where is that, I'm going to have to go take a look next time I go?

fossyant

What the farking fark did you actually hit in the first one! I mean you both ran wide in that corner but the sniper only got you, Fossy. And where is that, I'm going to have to go take a look next time I go?

It was a giant redwood, I tell you.

Tree stump in the grass, covered in superglue !!

@roadrash Kestevan and me rode our hardtail GTs like pro's and I even wore my classic GT owners club shirt from 1994 especially for the event. Hope you can join us next time, maybe Clayton Vale would be less challenging in your current condition?

certainly looks like you all enjoyed it, hopefully i can make the next one, would be good to meet and put faces to names etc.

fossyant

Finally cleaned the bike thoroughly.

I'd accidentally pressed the dropper post release getting the bike in the car so it wouldn't fit. Pulled the bike out and prested the post back down. Unfortunately I'd not realised the bike was resting on the rear mech. Bent the cage slightly. Out with the adjustable spanner tonight. Whoops.

Top Bottom