Roadsafe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Does anyone have any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, of reports to Roadsafe being ignored due to the number submitted by a particular person?

I'm getting a camera soon (I'm sure the missus just wants to check my cycling habits rather than anything else) and in the first few weeks I expect I'll be sending a fair few reports to Roadsafe. I'm thinking along the lines of the Freedom of Information Act which has a "vexacious litigant" clause in it which means if the same person keeps writing up on the same topic you can ignore them.

M

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've submitted a lot from there and I don't think they get ignored. I should be meeting with 2 people that run the roadsafe division in the next few weeks and I will try to ask your question to them.

I wouldn't have thought the freedom of information act would cover this sort of thing. And as the service is for reporting, as long as what your reporting is genuine, then I would expect them to look into it.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Thanks Gaz.

I was just putting the FoI act up as a similar kind of thing rather than actually applying to Roadsafe.

But thanks again and it would be great if you could get an answer from them.

M

thomas

the tank engine
If you take the piss they might not take you as seriously...but there will probably be some obligation for them to go over everything and respond.

If you just post the worst stuff, then hopefully they'll take it more seriously and therefore act better....if you tell them every time someone gives you a funny look they may be less sympathetic on the more serious stuff.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yeah that's kind of what I thought. The trouble is that for the first few weeks the camera will be a new toy. Might just have to subject the missus to long sessions of "and this is me approaching a roundabout and being cut up" rather than sending them off. :wacko:

Top Bottom