Roadworks sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Theres some roadworks in the middle of town. At said roadworks is a blue sign, saying 'Cyclists please dismount and use pavement'.

Would it be too mischievous to print out a different sign saying 'Motorists get out and push'?

Cab said:
Theres some roadworks in the middle of town. At said roadworks is a blue sign, saying 'Cyclists please dismount and use pavement'.

Would it be too mischievous to print out a different sign saying 'Motorists get out and push'?

Why? Is there a specific reason that it is unsafe for cyclists? I suppose it is possible, i.e. road surface with parallel ridges in it. Is this why?

Trillian

do it!

i put 'love, (dare you press it?)' and 'hate' on the top floor and basement buttons of the lift in my uni building :biggrin:

LOGAN 5

These cyclists dismount signs are really aggravating when on cycle paths for stretches of say 20 yards past something or other. You'd never get a sign in the middle of the road telling motorists to get out and push would you? Daft. Then if you don't get off and walk the peds give you a load of verbal irrespective of how careful you are going around whatever it is that would be life threatening if passed on a bike.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

magnatom said:
Why? Is there a specific reason that it is unsafe for cyclists? I suppose it is possible, i.e. road surface with parallel ridges in it. Is this why?

Roadworks have reduced it to a single lane. Usually its just busses, cycles and taxis there, so you have to keep your wits about you anyway. Ain't obviously more dangerous now, although its hard to determine whats happening to that road in the long run (might end up with a enw cycle lane, might end up one way, etc.). Major rebuilding works going on there.

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
Just remove sign and deposit in nearest canal.
+1
Sling it off the bridge on Silver St. Extra points if it hits a punter on the head.