Robbie McEwan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Starts off the season in good form and shows there is still life in the old dog yet. It's good to see real racing begin again after the past few months with only talk and innuendo being posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

I was surprised that there wasn't anything posted on this yesterday given the riders (rider?) involved.

But, yes, a good win for McEwan. There's one thing you can always guarantee with him - that he'll give his all! In a tight bunch sprint, you still can't bet against him I reckon.

kennykool

Keith Oates said:
Starts off the season in good form and shows there is still life in the old dog yet. It's good to see real racing begin again after the past few months with only talk and innuendo being posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't actually see Robbie win until last nights re-run on Sky Sports...great performance from Robbie. Hope he has a good season - would love to see him and Cav have a right good go at each other at the Grand Tours.

Question.....is Big bad Tom Boonen back riding yet or is he still banned

mondobongo

Über Member
Boonen was not banned as it was out of Competition test, although he may still yet be prosecuted by the Belgian Authorities for using Cocaine hair tests apparently indicate use over a period of time.

Back to McEwen and after that fantastic win on Sunday his Tour Down Under is threatened after he hit his arm on a spectators camera lense as he wound up for the sprint finish on Stage 1. Cycling News Report here second story down.

kennykool

I saw McEwan holding his arm at the end of the sprint yeaterday and wondered what had happened.....he was awful close to the side. At the time i thought he was just "kidding on" cos he was beaten in the sprint.

Hope he is ok.

As for Boonen - cheers. I thought he was banned cos he never rode the Tour last year - thanks for clarifying

Top Bottom