Robert Plant on Desert Island Discs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've already posted this in the Bassists & guitarists thread, so apologies if you've seen there already.
I thought I should post here as there may a wider audience who are interested. A must listen for Led Zep fans.
And there's a link to cycling, his father was a keen cyclist and Robert used to accompany him on trips.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00159xd
You might need to download the BBC Sounds App if you haven't already got it.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Many moons ago a local cub scout group use to cut his lawn for him at his house .
Ever such a nice chap

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I saw Zep in their early years, Bath Festival of blues & Progressive music or Hyde Park, I think. Certain gigs were lost in a cloud of fragrant smoke...
From my vantage point, they only looked 1" tall but did make a lot of noise 🎶
I'm sure they're bigger now.

Last edited:
I've already posted this in the Bassists & guitarists thread, so apologies if you've seen there already.
I thought I should post here as there may a wider audience who are interested. A must listen for Led Zep fans.
And there's a link to cycling, his father was a keen cyclist and Robert used to accompany him on trips.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00159xd
You might need to download the BBC Sounds App if you haven't already got it.
Thanks for that, most enjoyable !
Funny he mentioned that his Black Country mother had elocution lessons, my Black Country aunt had them too, perhaps it was a thing in that part of the world :smile:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I saw Zep in their early years, Bath Festival of blues & Progressive music or Hyde Park, I think. Certain gigs were lost in a cloud of fragrant smoke...
From my vantage point, they only looked 1" tall but did make a lot of noise 🎶
I'm sure they're bigger now.
So very jealous!

Top Bottom