Roberts ID?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
It won't have a model name as they were made individually, if it's designer select tubing then late 80's to mid 90's. Classy looking machine :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Frame numbering
Charlie Roberts numbered frames on the fork steerer tube and bottom bracket (across the bracket) or rear drop-out with the whole series starting at 100. According to Chas Roberts the consecutive numbering system was continued for a short period after his father passed away and then the year/month/frame numbering system was adopted, initially with the month as a one or two figure number and later as a two figure number ( 01, 02 etc. ). The numbering system sometimes varied when frames were earmarked for the trade or for spraying outside the Roberts premises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberts_Cycles#Frame_numbering

OP
OP
Stephen Piper

Stephen Piper

Veteran
Here it is as a ride-able bike, the result of few hours of fettling. I finally resorted to sawing,drilling, filing and chiseling the remains of the stuck seat post until it moved enough, not to come out (it just would not raise) but freed enough to be pushed down the tube to allow a longer post to be fitted.

roberts%201_zpsntuwwa6w.jpg

OP
OP
Stephen Piper

Stephen Piper

Veteran
You are right, I'm 6ft with size 13 feet so the seat post is about right. The frame is a bit small for me really but it's a Roberts so I'm going to ride it. Can you get taller quill stems?

Top Bottom