Rock and Roll king of Lube?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Probably old hat to most on here but I've never used it before. I was at my local Lbs and ended up spending a fortune on new wheels and replacement groupsets, but I digress. I spotted this stuff, and as I was in a spending mood, decided to treat what little wasn't getting replaced with a quality lube but after reading the instructions I'm not so sure. Is this just a gimmick, or is it the quality it purports to be?

http://www.rocklube.com/about-us.html

migrantwing

Veteran
Have heard great reviews of it.

mikeymustard

Veteran
Distributed by MalcolmBorg at the cycle clinic. I've also heard very good things about the stuff, but the cod science is probably hyperbole

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Not quite but I'll let you know. I've followed the instructions, so we'll see how well it lasts next week.

davidphilips

Veteran
Never used it myself as i tend just to use the thinnest oil i can buy cheap, I tend to clean my chain cassette and chainrings every cycle and lube after every second or third time out unless its been raining then its a really good clean not just a wipe down and good lube and dry, but i would be very interested in @Yellow Saddle giving his take?

davidphilips

Veteran
[QUOTE 5566206, member: 9609"]the oils engineered to bring the dirt to the surface when you freewheel the chain backwards - jeez that clever[/QUOTE]
Perhaps made by Skynet?

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5566206, member: 9609"]the oils engineered to bring the dirt to the surface when you freewheel the chain backwards - jeez that clever[/QUOTE]
Lol

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
The formulation goes deep down into the chain and traps any dirt. Then with the energy of the chain freewheeling backwards, the dirt and grit floats to the surface so you can wipe it all off, leaving a new and clean application of lube inside the chain, where it’s needed. The lube down inside the chain creates a protective membrane to seal out dirt and moisture from the moving parts of the chain. As well as holding in place the best lube on the planet, for longer chain life, super smooth shifting and pedaling.

View: https://youtu.be/bVURsxuwy_E

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Wowsers. What next, chains that need no oil ?

Top Bottom