Rockrider ST540 vs Trek X-Caliber 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dawak

Hi,

New to biking and looking at selecting one of the above. Any advice, pros, cons of each? Trek is pricier and want to be sure it’s worth it.

Going to be mostly biking on road and not much heavy use.

thanks

Hi,

New to biking and looking at selecting one of the above. Any advice, pros, cons of each? Trek is pricier and want to be sure it’s worth it.

Going to be mostly biking on road and not much heavy use.

thanks

If you're going to be mostly riding on tarmac, then might I suggest looking at rigid-forked hybrids rather than mountain bikes.

Suspension forks (heavy and bouncy) and knobbly tyres (like riding through treacle) are not much fun on the road, and even on gravel and tracks, you can get away without. Plus the gearing will be way too low for road riding anyway, so there will be much spinning of legs and not a lot of going anywhere particularly quickly.

If sticking with Decathlon, then one of the Riverside hybrids might be a better option, or the Triban flat bar road bike.

OP
OP
D

Dawak

Thanks for the advice, we’ve got a decathalon here which carries those (I live in Qatar), and I can get Trek, Cannondale, Kross, Felt, Look, Titan and Silverback brands here as well. Anything among those recommended? Don’t want to spend more than USD 1,500 to start with.

You're welcome :okay:

Decathlon have a good rep on here. I can't comment on the bikes to be honest, as I'm a bit, err, undertall, and ride junior frames. But don't forget to budget for accessories as well e.g. tools, spares, helmet, gloves and glasses to keep the dirt out of your eyes.

Dwn

It’s a while since I had an MTB but still have very vivid memories of what hard work they were on tarmac roads.

decathlon have a very nice gravel bike (rc 520 gravel( which should be within your budget.

Top Bottom