Rodi Evo Airplane Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I just bought a secondhand but virtually unused pair of these for not much more than the cost of the racelight tyres that came on them. They look good, bearings seem very smooth ,done a few hundred miles on them and seem to ride ok with very little flexing (unlike my old Alex race 28s that would be for ever touching the brake blocks whenever I got out of the saddle up hill).

I had never heard of Rodi before and wondered what is known about them.

G10WLD

I bought a Ribble Gran Fondo which came with Rodi wheels as spec'd. Two spokes on the front wheel have now snapped at different times whilst the bike was sitting idle - no damage, just snapped. I returned the wheel to Ribble - whose customer care is not great and am waiting for their proposals - so far they say they have simply replaced the broken spoke (I had the first one replaced locally).... my opinion on the wheels - avoid them at all costs, spokes snapping at random on the front wheel is seriously dangerous!

gbb

Legendary Member
Barring G10s post above, i havnt heard anything BAD about them, rather that they're rather heavy, basic wheels, good VFM, not the best , not the worst, etc etc.
Got a pair on my ribble, immediately transferred them to my Bianchi which is ready for sale....they run smooth, true after several rides...nothing to report really, just as you'd (hopefully) expect.

G10WLD

gbb, curious what did you put on your ribble instead of the Rodi's? (not so curious as to why you want to sell them, I go along with that one)

Top Bottom