Rogers tricycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Latest addition to the stable , not to sure of the age but possibly mid to late 80's and possibly a Record rather than a Clubman but not to sure about that as their isn't to much information out there .

classic33

Leg End Member

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I once had to visit Ken Rogers to collect a pair of hubs. He 'finished' them while I was there, turning the drilled centre hole into a hex by drawing a bolt-head through it with a hydraulic press. Later I had to file the corners to make it fit the axle.
His house was right under the end of a Heathrow runway, and conversation had to pause every minute or two as a plane roared over.
A lot of his trikes were converted bikes. He also made bolt-on trike conversions. Never had quite the same cachet as Longstaff or Higgins, but perfectly serviceable.

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
The frame number on this is KGR-T 28679 no other numbers on the frame and the steerer tube is stamped the same so I am hopeful that this is one of his trike builds rather than as you say one of his stock frame builds actually in hindsight I should measure the bottom bracket height that should give me a fair idea.

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru

Sharky

Guru
I once had to visit Ken Rogers to collect a pair of hubs. He 'finished' them while I was there, turning the drilled centre hole into a hex by drawing a bolt-head through it with a hydraulic press. Later I had to file the corners to make it fit the axle.
His house was right under the end of a Heathrow runway, and conversation had to pause every minute or two as a plane roared over.
A lot of his trikes were converted bikes. He also made bolt-on trike conversions. Never had quite the same cachet as Longstaff or Higgins, but perfectly serviceable.
I visited his house as well, when I took my tandem trike to have a new cassette (was a freewheel block really). He did a splendid job.
Must say the house and garden were "unique".

Top Bottom