Rohan clobber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
I'd always been aware of Rohan but never really thought their stuff was for me. Ended up in a Rohan shop last week and was actually very impressed. Bought a pair of trousers for work and a shirt in the sale and tempted to go back and get a few more bits.

Even in the sale the stuff isn't cheap, out of sale its proper pricey. So what are your opinions on Rohan?Overpriced, or pricey but worth it? I don't mind paying if something is really good and going to last.

Their gear is not the nattiest of threads, but I kind of like it because it's not too shouty.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I bought a Rohan long sleeved turtle neck zipped top, the first ever thing I bought made of 'technical' fabric, in 1995. It still does service as an occasional winter base layer.

I've since discovered the anti-pong characteristics of merino, mind.

Norm

The only problem with Rohan gear is it lasts so long you don't get to buy new stuff.

I haven't been in a Rohan shop for about 18 years (I was working in MK up to 1994) but I still have, and regularly use, everything I've brought from them. That includes gloves, hats, socks, scarves, neck tubes, thermals, base layers, trousers, shorts, shirts, fleeces, jackets, gaiters, summer gear, winter gear, snow gear... etc and the ruddy stuff has never worn out. My "posh" travelling jacket is one of their polycotton things and it's great. A touch of wash-in proofer and it'll take on anything that BA can throw at it. Even my wallet is Rohan.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My experience of Rohan (non-cycling) gear is overpriced and rather poorly thought out; overhyped at any rate. Gear from more "outdoor" brands tends to be better and cheaper, or at least better value. Not tried their cycling stuff, nor likely to to be honest.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My experience is much the same as Norms.
I boughtone of their first machine washable suits in MK clearance outlets, a shirt, leather belt, blouson jkt and some shorts nearly 16 years ago and they lasted bloody well, the shirt is still going, I'm wearing the bloson jacket today in Russia, I'm still wearing the belt now too. The suit jacket got killed in a MX5 boot lock accident and the shorts through extraordinary abuse. . If you can afford it it's a much bet that other brands for longevity.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
It's quality & quality costs.I have Rohan stuff that's far outlasted cheap stuff that was a false economy.
I tend to buy it in Sales for best vfm

OP
OP
Doseone

Doseone

Guru
Thanks for your opinions. I did go back yesterday and bought a shirt that is usually £57 for £28, and a twin pack of socks that is usually £22:eek: for £8. Am impressed with all the stuff I've bought so far but obviously can't comment yet on its longevity.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
You should not be disappointed, I have a 20 year old Rohan fleece, says something about my fashion sense too.
To me value = price / number of times worn.
I don't mind forking out for good stuff if the price is justified.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
There are those who say "buy cheap, buy twice" My experience to date is that, barring accidents, as a rule it is generally true.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
A friend of mine worked for Rohan here and bought an immense amount of heavily discounted clothes, theyre all very impressive and hes still wearing them maybe 10 years on.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
My experience is much the same as Norms.
I boughtone of their first machine washable suits in MK clearance outlets, a shirt, leather belt, blouson jkt and some shorts nearly 16 years ago and they lasted bloody well, the shirt is still going, I'm wearing the bloson jacket today in Russia, I'm still wearing the belt now too. The suit jacket got killed in a MX5 boot lock accident and the shorts through extraordinary abuse. . If you can afford it it's a much bet that other brands for longevity.
oo, FF, you are a one!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have a few pairs of there bags and they are great for cycling in , use to visit factory outlet in mk often but not recentley as they have gone sky high in price .

Top Bottom