Rohan Elite Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've just come back from my first ride with my new Elite jacket from Rohan which I bought online in the current sale (a snip at the reduced price of 165 quid:eek:.) They also do a specifically cycling version of it called the Elite Stormer, which is a bit cheaper.

The first observation to make is that IMO the normal jacket is perfectly suitable as a cycling shell garment and has the added advantage of being usable for hiking etc. The second thing is that it is, as claimed by the maker, amazingly light. It is very windproof and is the most breathable shell I've tried so far. It only rained a bit today so I can't say too much about its waterproof qualities as I suppose you need a solid downpour to do that. However, I strongly suspect it will do the business very well indeed.

Technically, it is well thought out with two large pockets and an inside pocket. The zip has got a very convincing waterproof seal. The hood is good and is readily adjustable to fit according to the design of one's head. It can be held rolled up by a velcro tab. The only niggle I have is that I would have preferred the hood to be detachable via a zip (I'm not a fan of hoods) but that would no doubt push the price even further up.

So all in all I can recommend this without reservation. Yes it's expensive but as it is made from Rohan I expect to get many, many years of wear from it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have several Rohan garments and have used there range of 'Bags' trousers for cycling for the last 15 yrs . Must admit though they have priced themselves out of my reach in last few years

Top Bottom