Roller woes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big John

Guru
You've probably checked this already but tyre pressure is everything in my opinion. Front and back, about 100psi. I've got on mine a few times and thought "FFS WHATS GOING ON HERE?" only to discover that one or both of the tyres were low on pressure. I always start big ring and a large sprocket on the back then as I warm up I change up. I prefer the rollers to the turbo (each to their own) and my bike skills are very limited but I can do an hour on the rollers without too much distress 😉

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
:sad: no video then :sad:
I have one somewhere.....
Come on, we're still waiting....

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
You need to try it like this ... so easy a child can do it!

View: https://youtu.be/aav7J_S9ji0

Exactly! How come she makes it look so easy? Same bloody rollers as well :-/

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Exactly! How come she makes it look so easy? Same bloody rollers as well :-/
I think her video clearly shows something I was going to mention earlier. How have you set up your rollers? You will see in her video that the front roller is set forward of the front wheel hub by a fair amount. I also have a similar offset but probably not as much and not as obvious due to the larger wheels.

It might be worth googling what the best recommended distance is and checking your set up to make sure your offset is giving you a chance to achieve some stability before you completely condemn your rollers and give up on them.

monkers

Veteran
It’s on an external hard drive somewhere, I’ll have to find it.

What a tidy mind you have putting your indoor roller riding on the internal hard drive, and your outdoor roller riding on the external drive. Most people just wouldn't think of doing that!

Top Bottom