Rollerskiing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
It's certainly something I've fancied trying ever since I took the bike to Sardinia and shared the hotel with a group of German rollerbladers. They set off every morning, holding each other's belts like circus elephants, and did about 20 miles out and back. It looked good fun. I wouldn't rate it as an alternative to cycling, more as an alternative to running as you suggest. The problem round here (and maybe in most places) is how rubbish the road surfaces are. [Actually that's just the surfaces in town - they will probably be fine in the lanes round Cheddar.]

The main reason I haven't tried it yet is because I don't know anyone who does it and it's a lot of kit to buy and then find you don't like it.

Er, this isn't helping, is it...

Dan B

Disengaged member
I honestly can't see the point (but each to their own, etc etc) - they don't go as fast as inline skates and you can't cross over in turns

@ASC1951
- I've been on that trip. All good fun, except where I broke a tooth

ASC1951

Guru
Er - i have just realised that my comment was about rollerblading and you asked about rollerskiing. :smile:

The only roller skiers I have seen were doing a race up Alp d'Huez. Talk about 'pushed to my limits' - it was absolutely mental! The winners didn't even look human, just muscle, bone and leather.

I reckon it takes up too much room on ordinary roads to be a substitute for running. Go for inline skates.

Top Bottom