Ron Hill Takes a Day Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Major sporting news for all runners is that legendary runner and inventor of the Ron Hill trackster, Ron Hill, has taken a day off from running, after 52 years of running every day.

I didn't know much about him, but now I see why he felt the need to improve running kit.

_89162945_ronb_getty.jpg

Haitch

Flim Flormally
He used to live just round the corner from us. He could be seen running nearly every day, up hill, down dale and up hill again. His first shop was a very humble place.

PaulB

Legendary Member
To put Ron's streak into perspective, when my club mate above began his streak, Winston Churchill and TS Eliot were still alive and it was in the week before Parliament voted to abolish capital punishment! And he ran EVERY SINGLE DAY from then to the bleak day last month when he was forced to miss one! And many of the times he set in those days still stand as British records to this day. Many others are still amongst the top ten times ever ran which I've always thought just shows that people nowadays are fatter and lazier than people used to be in the 50s and 60s.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I didn't know much about him, but now I see why he felt the need to improve running kit.

View attachment 335734
That was his design. It was in order to allow more air to his body to have a cooling effect.

Top Bottom