Ronald Reagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've just seen a programme on the TV about the time he was shot and how close he was to 'snuffing it'. I didn't realise it was that serious at the time it happened. Did anyone else think it was a close life or death thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz

Guru
I remember the shooting but not too well. IIRC he was just sort of huddled around by his bodyguards and driven off. I didn't think it was that serious at the time.

Tetedelacourse

I have vague memories of it; I never thought it was life-threatening at the time, mainly because no-one else of that sort of global importance had snuffed it I just assumed the guy was invincible, even though he had so many detractors in the volatime climate of the time.

Ultimately I knew that Ewing Oil would go on, and of course when Bobby woke up in the shower and revealed it had all been a dream, it reassured me that I was right not to think much of it.

Definitely was a Wednesday it was on.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tetedelacourse said:
I have vague memories of it; I never thought it was life-threatening at the time, mainly because no-one else of that sort of global importance had snuffed it I just assumed the guy was invincible, even though he had so many detractors in the volatime climate of the time.
Well, even just sticking to US presidents... how about JFK?

simoncc

Ah, the Gipper. What a great man. He was such a lover of freedom that he opposed the banning of the US Communist party when that was proposed during the dark days of the cold war. He was the president in power when that war was won, and millions of Eastern Europeans have been released from communism.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
4 US Presidents have been assassinated and a number of others have had attempts on them. The stories on each are quite interesting.

Odyssey

It's only a shame such assasinations appear to have gone out of fashion.

Noodley

History: perhaps that which is remembered as important by future generations does not necessarily appear important to those experiencing it. Nor is that which is remembered necessarily the truth.

Dave5N

Über Member
Bad thread title, Keith. You should know better. I saw it an' thought he was dead.

I am now disappointed and the weekend hasn't begun.

Tony - you know better than to dissemble.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tony Bell said:
Was it John Hinkley who shot Reagan? Something to do with a desire to impress Tatum O'Neal? That's how I remember it anyway...:smile:

Wasn't it Jodie Foster he was trying to impress ?

I think I know why Bush hasn't been assassinated - the same way that the idiot Clouseau never got shot; he always seemed to bend over at the right time to avoid the bullet...

Top Bottom