Ronde de Vlaanderen 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
I am hoping that the favourites (GT, Van Avermaet, Degenkolb and Boom) for this race that fell in the past week all can start without any lingering effects, so that we have a fair and beautiful battle.

(FYI, I am not mentioning Cancellara, Boonen or even EBH, since they are definitely out)

The Couch

Über Member
(FYI, I am not mentioning Cancellara, Boonen or even EBH, since they are definitely out)
Well... definitely out ??... Boonen is going to participate in the recon of PR

Personally can't see him starting though, even if he would be somewhat recovered, EQS have too many riders around that should be capable of riding much better than a barely recovered Boonen (without form or recent practice)

huwsparky

Über Member
Well... definitely out ??... Boonen is going to participate in the recon of PR

Personally can't see him starting though, even if he would be somewhat recovered, EQS have too many riders around that should be capable of riding much better than a barely recovered Boonen (without form or recent practice)

Really...?

They look spineless without him from what I've seen.

The Couch

Über Member
Really...?

They look spineless without him from what I've seen.
A bit disorganized...or in need of a leader figure ...that I would agree to
(and that could be the only reason for them to even consider Boonen... but I still don't see it happening :smile:)

Spineless? That's not really correct, they take their responsibility in all the races and have been present in all the winning moves/attacks of this years 1-day races

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think Ettix animate most of the races, to their credit. I don't think they need a father figure, (weird terminology); they need to decide which rider they're going to support maybe, either before or during the race, according to who is going best or has most chance.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
To be fair, EQS do win a respectable number of races. It's just that when they lose, they do so spectacularly.

They've still won more than BMC so far this season though.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Sky are going to be riding "suspension" bikes on the cobbles, starting this weekend. Here's G looking like he gives a toss is thinking WTF is this gimmicky bollocks? it might just propel him to victory*
CBnt0A6VEAAQzms.jpg

*actually, it might work.

Sky are going to be riding "suspension" bikes on the cobbles, starting this weekend. Here's G looking like he gives a toss is thinking WTF is this gimmicky bollocks? it might just propel him to victory*
CBnt0A6VEAAQzms.jpg

When was that picture released,
CBnt0A6VEAAQzms.jpg

My immediate reaction is that must have been A Wednesday morning photo. Then I think about Dave's "innovative" mind, remember the Sky stripped toothpaste?, and now I'm doubting myself. :wacko:

Attachments

• CBnt0A6VEAAQzms.jpg
    CBnt0A6VEAAQzms.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom