Ronde van Nederlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
In May I am jumping on a ferry and doing the Ronde van Nederlands. I ordered the guide (in Dutch) off the internet. Got it through the post today, and am madly leafing through and planning mileages/directions etc....touring rules:thumbsup:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is that a set route CP?

willem

Über Member
It is a set route consisting of a combination of a number of Dutch long distance bike routes (The LF routes). It will take you past my front door. As soon as theweather gets better (not yet) I see scores of touring cyclists riding past, filling me with envy.
Willem

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
xilios said:
Just curious, does the route include Hollands highest point (300 something meters) on the border with Germany and Belgium.

From the map, It looks like Venlo is the furthest south on the border with Germany, then it goes up the Rhine towards Arnhem, or towards the sea via Eindhoven and Breda.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Like Willem said, the "official" Ronde van Nederland is cobbled together from six separate long distance routes (the LF routes). The best map of it I could find on the interweb is this one. The route is the thick red line but as you can see you can lengthen it or shorten it at as you see fit.

There is a booklet on the route that costs about GBP 15. It includes more maps, hotel/camp site addresses, descriptions, history, etc. than you can shake a pump at but it's only in Dutch. There is also (are at least there used to be) a map of the Netherlands showing all the LF routes so you can piece together your own tour.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Alan H said:
There is also (are at least there used to be) a map of the Netherlands showing all the LF routes so you can piece together your own tour.

Like this, but bigger and on paper.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
ComedyPilot said:
From the map, It looks like Venlo is the furthest south on the border with Germany, then it goes up the Rhine towards Arnhem, or towards the sea via Eindhoven and Breda.

If you can find the time, it is worth nipping south from Venlo via Roermond and going to Maastricht. The latter really is a good place especially in summer.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Andy in Sig said:
If you can find the time, it is worth nipping south from Venlo via Roermond and going to Maastricht. The latter really is a good place especially in summer.

[Goes straight to google maps to see]

I have 10 days to do the 750 miles. Any more is a bonus.

Top Bottom