Ronhill Bikesters - But as Shorts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buddha

Veteran
Does anything like this exist?
After wearing Bikesters (longs) over winter the Endura Humvee shorts felt uncomfortable and heavy yesterday.
I may just get a few pairs of cheap bikesters and cut them.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

OP
OP
buddha

buddha

Veteran
Those shorts are pretty much like normal lycra shorts.
Not baggy enough to save my dignity whilst in the queue at Tesco:blush:

I mailed Ronhill (via their site) suggesting that they might want to consider making a shorts version of the Bikesters.

In the meantime I'll take a pair of scissors to an old pair of bikesters, and try and find someone who knows how to use a sewing machine properly.

skinnes

Buddha

For what it's worth, I had the same requirement (for summer shorts as comfortable as my winter Bikesters). Having found nothing as light, simple and comfortable in the shops I took the scissors to my Bikesters on Monday (I'll buy some more Bikesters for next winter).

Results: first, very easy to cut, cuts very clean (with big tailor's scissors) and after a few days at least, doesn't seem to fray even with no treatment of the bare ends. And it feels like you'd expect - very comfortable. So I'm a happy camper (although wife isn't sure about the style points...).
Enjoy the summer - get those knees out!
Skinnes

OP
OP
buddha

buddha

Veteran
Yep, I did the same just after my last post. And now have 3 pairs cut short. Even did the sewing machine bit myself (with the aid of the interweb)

So am now showing off my well sculpted claves et al.:eek:

Top Bottom