RonHill Bikesters...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I was thinking of getting some of these.

They're not as figure-hugging as bib-tights, are they?
More like a stretchy pair of trousers? Do you wear cycling shorts underneath or are they padded?

potsy

Rambler
Not padded maz,loose enough without being baggy.Not many places selling them now though.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
fossyant said:
I use Bikesters for the commute as I've got a bit of walking about at the end. Had mine over 12 month and have been great.
Did you get the 'DXB' version mentioned above?

Can't see the point - they are not thick enough for cold weather and pick up the rain in warmer weather.- Your legs can't be that bad looking Maz!

potsy

Rambler
I got mine when wiggle were selling them for £10-wish i'd got more now for that price,i also have a pair of the dxb version and are OK but not a whole lot better imo.Both styles dry pretty quick if caught out in the rain.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
accountantpete said:
Your legs can't be that bad looking Maz!
Varicose veins, mate. Most unsightly:
ivan%27s-legs.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

accountantpete said:
Can't see the point - they are not thick enough for cold weather and pick up the rain in warmer weather.- Your legs can't be that bad looking Maz!

I used the bikesters on the club runs for a couple of winters and always wore long johns underneath them, they were normally warm enough. The winter cruisers are thicker but there doesn't seem a lot of difference between them, the cruisers might be a tad warmer once the temp drops below freezing.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
They aren't figure hugging at all. And they are fine for cold weather, they keep you surprisingly warm for how thin they are. Just don't wear them on 8 or 10 hour cold rides.

gbb

Legendary Member
I use both, DXBs and normal...i found them very very well wearing, i've had one pair 3 years and they're still (just) ok. I use them everyday for commuting.
The DXBs feel better when new, and as said they do dry out very quick. I think (like most things) the waterproof ability soon tails off. That said, i havnt got wet in quite some time..cue a downpour tonight :sad::tongue:

Top Bottom