Ronnie Pickering gets his own blue plaque.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Never set foot in Ull
My old golfer mate was a trawler fisherman back in the day..

Nothing he told me about Ull inspired me to go..
My manager visits his brother in law in Ull, he parks his car well away from the house as he worries about it being targeted by vandals...

It's a 07 Passat !!

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Croggy??? What is this strange term, are you sure it something to do with cycling?:rolleyes:
I had to Google it:
croggy
/ˈkrɒɡi/
noun
NORTHERN ENGLISH•MIDLANDS ENGLISH
  1. a ride given to a passenger on a bicycle, in which they sit on the crossbar or handlebars or behind the person pedalling.
    "she gave me a croggy to the taxi rank"

Levo-Lon

Guru
Croggy, we used that term as kids,crossbar ride., Top tube for the pedants

Struggle now with most modern bikes

D

Deleted member 26715

I had to Google it:
croggy
/ˈkrɒɡi/
noun
NORTHERN ENGLISH•MIDLANDS ENGLISH
  1. a ride given to a passenger on a bicycle, in which they sit on the crossbar or handlebars or behind the person pedalling.
    "she gave me a croggy to the taxi rank"
I didn't think he was being serious, it's a common enough term amongst many many others

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Never set foot in Ull
My old golfer mate was a trawler fisherman back in the day..

Nothing he told me about Ull inspired me to go..
My manager visits his brother in law in Ull, he parks his car well away from the house as he worries about it being targeted by vandals...

It's a 07 Passat !!
Give it it’s full title of Kingston upon Hull. It sounds better.

Give it it’s full title of Kingston upon Hull. It sounds better.

Actually, it's the City and County of Kingston upon the River Hull. Hull is used as the locals were not impressed with the King that had the nerve to think he could buy them. To this day, most statues of monarchs have public loos underneath them, even though it's pretty much a Royalist City. It's just they have to know their place.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Yesss...someone else uses the term 'croggy'. I thought I made it up in 1975:laugh:
When I was growing up in South Manchester, it was a 'crossy' on the front of the bike and a 'backy' if the rider shared or gave up the saddle.

Drago

Legendary Member
Pickering is a nodder. If he'd tried that on me he'd have ended up at the Doctors having a Citroen people carried removed from his anus. All this stuff glorifying him, even if only humorously, is a disgrace.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Pickering is a nodder. If he'd tried that on me he'd have ended up at the Doctors having a Citroen people carried removed from his anus. All this stuff glorifying him, even if only humorously, is a disgrace.
If he'd tried it on me, I would have let him get on with it.
2 years later, he would find his car a smouldering wreck.

Top Bottom