Roof bars suitable for bike racks or a roofbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
Purchase of a new vehicle means I have a pair of hardly used roof bars for sale - they are Thule brand with security locks and fit almost all vehicles with raised roof rails, the ones you can push your hand under.

(I have used them on a Skoda Octavia estate but the same "foot" fits a plethora of vehicles)

Looking for £40 - collected from Stratford-upon-Avon or will send at cost. Please PM

Rob

Hi Rob, do you know if they will fit a 2005 Toyota Rav4?

Neil

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Hi Rob, do you know if they will fit a 2005 Toyota Rav4?

Neil
The "feet" are Thule 757 which Thule lists as fitting the Rav4 (the original kit was 2 bars which are almost universal + the feet to suit the car's roof rails) (and I sorted out the keys for them today - I seem to have 4 copies!)

So yes.

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5034304, member: 45"]There are three components to these Thule systems. The bars come in different lengths but the length for an Octavia should fit a RAV4. Then you have the foot pack which as Rob says should fit either car. But you also need the adaptor kit, which consists of the metal pieces that fit into the foot pack, and these are much more car-specific, so you might want to check that these fit both cars. If they don't then it's not a deal breaker, as you can buy the adaptor kits separately and they're pretty cheap.

If you go to www.roofbox.co.uk and pop your car details in it will tell you which adaptor kit you need.[/QUOTE]

I think you may be thinking of a different system - the rails/feet I have are for "raised rails" where the feet clamp around the rail (and fit almost any rails) - the "strips flush in the roof panel" type of rails do need specific parts - the Rav 4 for the year quoted uses the Thule feet that I have (and a neighbour has a Rav4, I had a look just now!)

Rob

Top Bottom