Root filling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ever noticed how dentists have the worst manners you will ever come across, they chatter away to the nurse and ignore you completly, they tip you at all angles and the only time they listen to you is when you say you want expencive treatment.

Not my dentist.
I have a lovely Indian lady dentist with the most beautiful eyes and smile. She always wonders why I have a smile on my face when I go for a regular check up..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Attachments

• laugh.gif
    laugh.gif
    771 bytes · Views: 10
OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
You'll appreciate it after a while Stephen...it possibly was a cricket bat as the dentist 'hit you for six' with the bill! :rolleyes:

That was almost as painful as the root filling :wacko:

£390 and it's not over yet.

Have paid so far:

1350kr - check up, x-rays and a bit of scraping
2350kr - 2 fillings and a temp filling on the front tooth
4000kr - root filling

and to come:

4000kr - 2nd root filling
c. 2000kr - crown and filling

Total
13700kr or £1,300

How's eastern europe at this time of year?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hope you feel better soon i had to have a root filling and 2 wisdom teeth surgically removed as they were growing in horizontally !

It was bloody painful !!

Ever noticed how dentists have the worst manners you will ever come across, they chatter away to the nurse and ignore you completly
That's because generally it's not that easy to hold a conversation with your dentist! Let me see:
"How are we today Mr --------?"
"Nnnnggghhh nnnnnggg nnnggghhhh nggghhh"
"Lovely weather we're having."
"MMMmmmmmggg mmmmnnngggg ggggg"
"Been anywhere nice on holiday?"
"mmnnnngggghhh mmmmggghhh"

etc. :biggrin:

One of the disadvantages of cycling .. spending 2 -3hrs upwards chewing sweet stuff and sloshing down energy drink. Then there's the recovery drink when you get home.. my teeth have an inverse relationship with my cycling.. the better my cycling, the worse they become.. and thats before accidents and teeth grinding due to bad road surfaces. Just spent over 3K on fixing my teeth.. a couple of root fillings, crowns/inlays , number of large fillings... and to cap it all I went to the dentist with a pain in one of my teeth which he said there was nothing wrong with it.. eventually after much protest he drilled out the filling that was in there, and replaced it and its been fine since. Considering a cycle trip to Budapest next year !

taxing

I went to the dentist this morning and my dentist was wearing wellies. While I was in the chair all I could think about was her sloshing about ankle-deep in blood.

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks to help on here .We as a family got onto the NHS list in Leeds city centre .We are saving a fortune .

I got quoted at a private dentist over £300 for one tooth .More than my weekly wage .Got him to pull it out .

Great work done by NHS .But they are very quick no small talk .In do,and out .Suits me .

chris-s

My wife went to the dentist yesterday, first time in many years, in need of a crown, filling and more work for sure. It was impossible to get to see an NHS dentist in this part of the world, but she managed to get taken on by the new 'Peninsula Dental School' and had a very pleasant experience to be followed up by seven more appointments all totally FOC! It sounded like they are not under the same time/financial pressures as a regular NHS dentist and are able to take as long as they want using techniques and equipment not always offered by the NHS dentist.

She was a bit concerned that it would be a 'newbie', but was pleased to hear he is in his last year and she came home a lot more relaxed than when she left.

Personally, my company has a private dental care package and I make the most of it whilst it lasts.

Chris

buggi

Bird Saviour
Really wish i hadn't seen this. i'm supposed to be booking myself in for a front tooth root canal. i'm scared sh*tless and have already put it off for 6 months. (well, it's been like it for 3 years before they found out what's wrong... what's another 6 months eh???)

o yea by the way, be careful of dentists. had a really nice one for years and he sold his practice on. 1st visit to the new dentist he filled my back tooth, said it was really decayed (that's strange, my other dentist never mentioned it) anyway since falling off my bike 3 years ago occasionally had a strange sensation in my front tooth (tooth always felt tingly which the other dentist had said was damaged nerve and would keep an eye on it) then i discovered a hidden lump so told the dentist who sent me to be x-rayed. sure enough, nerve is dead and absess at the top (personally i think nerve is alive because i can feel it when they do the tests but they are adamant it's dead, so i think i've just got an absess which they say is not urgent to deal with). but anyway, after discussion with hospital they said simple root filling will sort it (can root fillings be simple...? not when your scared of dentist!) and i wouldn't lose my tooth.

so went back to new dentist with info and he gave me a right horror story and told me that i needed an implant! even worse i would be without a front tooth for 3 months while he sorted the infection and THEN if my gum shrank in the meantime this would mean i wouldn't be able to have the implant. Er... escuse me? if there is no tooth in there, will my gum not shrink anyway??? Er, yes apparently that is a big risk!

so very tearfully told a mate who sent me to her dentist and he told me very kindly, between my tears, that this was all bullshit and that it's very drastic to pull my front tooth out and put in an implant as this should always be a last resort as there is nowhere to go after that, other than a false tooth. It should go in this order as tooth degenerates over the years..... filling, veneer, cap, crown, implant, false tooth. As you can NEVER make a tooth better, you can only make it worse you should leave implants as a last resort.

O yea... the cost of an implant... £2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am now wondering if my back tooth needed filling at all because it was fine in my check up before.

so basically, that dentist was willing to rip out my front tooth just to make money.

i need to book the root canal now don't i? i've been told she's very good at it.

Buggi ....

Speaking as someone who's had a front tooth pulled (after a cycling accident), plus root fillings in the other front teeth, I have to say, it doesn't have to be that much grief! In my case (admittedly I was rather numb after the 'off'), I had one extracted altogether and the other three broken. Dentist gave me some injections and then set to work with the drill, as I thought cleaning up the debris and preparing them for crowns. It was only after he'd finished drilling, that he told me he'd decided to drill out the roots on two of the surviving teeth. I hadn't felt a thing! Admittedly, there was no abscess in my case, only trauma.

To fill the gap I started with a denture, which was obviously a nuisance but quite manageable, then a few weeks later replaced with a bridge. This is a perfect solution, only I need know it's there! It doesn't give any bother. The crown and bridge are are eminently fit for chewing (I avoid toffee - but then lots of people don't like toffee anyway...).

Now, 26 years later, I've had to have the bridge replaced just once (this was after a second cycling 'off' :blush:). No probs.

Go to your dentist. Hope everything goes OK.

Top Bottom