Roscoff-Huelgoat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CeeDee51

Just wondering if any of you have cycled this route. Is it very hilly?? Also, are there any campsites between Morlaix and Huelgoat, I can't find find any reference to any.

Redvers

Did this route last year, it traverses part of the Armorique Regional Park so there’s nothing much in the way of camping or accommodation that I can recall.
Leaving from Morlaix you climb steadily uphill for about 18 km before the route levels out and you descend into Huelgoat.
There are plenty of Gites and B&Bs in and around Huelgoat which is a nice town and an interesting place to stop over. Check out the ‘Roche Cintree’ area.
This is a great cycle run and well worth to do, wild with fine views.
Bon Route!

Randochap

Senior hunter
Passed by on Paris-Brest-Paris, in '07 -- coming through Carhaix, then back later in the day (read: night) returning from Brest.

Yup, there was a few hills, but then I had 500-700 km in my legs!

Can't comment on the southern end, but you should be able to figure that out via Google.

dragon72

Guru
FWIW - I camped for a night at the municipal 400m from the centre of town in Huelgoat two years ago and it had no complaints whatsoever. After setting off from Huelgoat at about 9.30am, with a heavily laden bike and a slow-ish travelling companion, we arrived in Morlaix in time for lunch.

OP
OP
CeeDee51

CeeDee51

Thanks for the replys. I was looking to stay at the municipal site. I was just concerned that if it was a super hilly route I might look for somewhere to stop before Huelgoat. I'm just going to be doing a leisurely tour from Roscoff to Huelgoat then west to Le Fret, where there is a ferry to Brest, then on to Le Conquet and follow the coast back to Roscoff.:becool:

Randochap

Senior hunter
CeeDee51 said:
Thanks for the replys. I was looking to stay at the municipal site. I was just concerned that if it was a super hilly route I might look for somewhere to stop before Huelgoat. I'm just going to be doing a leisurely tour from Roscoff to Huelgoat then west to Le Fret, where there is a ferry to Brest, then on to Le Conquet and follow the coast back to Roscoff.:laugh:

Sound like a nice plan. Say hello to Brest for me. Unless you were committed to the ferry route, you could climb over Roc Trevazel through the beautiful town of Sizun, and down to Brest, following the PBP route.

Top Bottom