Rose tinted glasses reminiscing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Another one, going out on the razz with a fiver and still having enough money left to go to the chippy on the way home, it might have helped that I only needed a couple of pints to get pissed.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The older I get the better I was.

screenman

Legendary Member
Is there an age limit on this, I am struggling to remember anything nice before I was 17, and that is not because of booze or drugs.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Riding my bike from home - just outside of Norwich - out to Great Yarmouth. The A47 duel carriageway was not built then and the Acle Straight could be a bit interesting to ride along. We used to ride home via Horning and Coltishall so we would miss all the coaches coming back down the Straight.
We would take a few pence with us, just in case, a packed lunch and a bottle of squash. Brilliant times. Of course, there wasn't quite so much traffic about then and a lot more people on bikes.
I used to commute on a moped down the A47 from near Acle to Little Plumstead (worked at the hospital there, 1986/87). I had some near misses until I learned to drive and it wasn't so bad in a car!

Top Bottom