Roseburn Undertake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D-Rider

Note to the cyclist undertaking me going through the traffic lights at Roseburn this morning....

It should have been obvious that I would move back across having cleared the junction and (left-turning) filter lane. Only my habitual "lifesaver" from years of motorcycling saved us both from a rather nasty coming together. Not all cyclists take such observation so be warned.

No harm done though.... and good speed, very impressed as you disappeared into the distance! :wacko:

He did well to get to Edinburgh...I encountered him in Sheffield this very same morning! :wacko:

shunter

D-Rider said:
Only my habitual "lifesaver" from years of motorcycling saved us both from a rather nasty coming together. Not all cyclists take such observation so be warned.

Habits picked up from years of motorcycling never go away:biggrin:

I always thought motorcycling before learning to drive a car gave an advantage. I also think it encourages the assertiveness required for cycling but alongside an awareness of your vulnerability compared to cars.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
What have motorcycling got to do with it? I teach P6&7 to do that, all cyclist should have trained to do this...

OP
OP
D-Rider

D-Rider

HJ said:
What have motorcycling got to do with it? I teach P6&7 to do that, all cyclist should have trained to do this...

Indeed, but my casual observation is that most cyclists don't appear to do so. I do it out of habit from motorcycling. Not having had any formal cycle training in the last (ahem) 30 years or so.....

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I also have to admit that when I first saw the tread title I thought it was going to be Roseburn Viaduct, but then I noticed you are back in Edinburgh...

Grrrrrr

It's good to tell it's sunny weather.

[RANT]PRIMARY IS A POSITION TAKEN TO DISCOURAGE DANGEROUS OVERTAKES THROUGH PINCH POINTS, AND NOT AN INVITE TO HALF-UNDERTAKE AND TUCK IN BY MY REAR WHEEL THUS PREVENTING MY MOVING OVER TO ALLOW PASSAGE WHEN SAFE[/RANT]

Then again, he continued his undertake once I slowed for the red light... and zipped past me and the lycra-roadie who both stopped.

A good turn of speed though for jeans and old jacket...neither me nor lycra-roadie could catch him again

OP
OP
D-Rider

D-Rider

HJ said:
I also have to admit that when I first saw the tread title I thought it was going to be Roseburn Viaduct, but then I noticed you are back in Edinburgh...

I am indeed, back full-time now, and fitness much improved by the longer commute. xx(

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
D-Rider said:
Note to the cyclist undertaking me going through the traffic lights at Roseburn this morning....

It should have been obvious that I would move back across having cleared the junction and (left-turning) filter lane. Only my habitual "lifesaver" from years of motorcycling saved us both from a rather nasty coming together. Not all cyclists take such observation so be warned.

No harm done though.... and good speed, very impressed as you disappeared into the distance! :biggrin:

'Twasn't me - I was on my own at the lights /junction at Roseburn / Corstorphine Road at about 6.20-ish this morning, honest guv! Once the lights changed I did go like the clappers though ;)

Top Bottom