Rossin Prestige Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tgr

Regular
Good evening all,

I have just joined this forum and hope someone here may have some information. I have a Rossin Prestige Team frame which i plan to build soon. I am trying to tie down what year it was build in. The bike was available to the public with either Shimano DA on it or Campag Chorus RS. Has anyone any idea when the Campag group was manufactured?

As my frame was a race bike, it will be earlier than the date i am looking for but this will give me a starting point.

Thanks,

Richard

OP
OP
T

tgr

Regular
I will try and post some pics once i have worked out how to do it.

Thanks

OP
OP
T

tgr

Regular
The bike is plain off-white/pearl - no chrome. It does not have the R cutout in the BB.

IMGP1540.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
You again!

Chorus RS is the second generation C-Record era Chorus group, strictly speaking RS is 1992 only: the RS prefix was dropped for '93 and '94. Here's a link to the 1992 catalogue. It's my favourite 8 speed group (not a fan of Deltas) and has some nice components. I've spent the last year putting one together and I warn you it won't be cheap. For example, 2nd gen. Monoplaners are £75-£100 and the ex-Croce D'Aune cranks £40ish.

If you are a bit more relaxed and include the '93 and '94 groups, that gives you a bit more scope: DTS or Ergo shifters, two different rear derailleurs and Monoplaners or dual pivot brakes.

It's also not straightforward to ID the parts: the front derailleur only has a bevel on the end of the arm where the cable clamps and a hole through the braze-on clamp bolt to distinguish it. You'll also need to know your crank arm date codes to make sure you get a genuine Chorus RS and not a Croce D'Aune set. Good luck with finding Ergos, although Record, Chorus and Athena shared the same model, that particular version (with a triangle shape to the end of the lever) was only produced for one year. Brake levers are identical to Athena but have a return spring.

Nice frame though and worth the effort.

OP
OP
T

tgr

Regular
You again!!!!!

That just about proved that the non-race frame was available from 1992. That would mean mine should be earlier - i have a notion that it may be 1987 but i still have some investigations to complete. Thanks for the info - i appreciate it.

OP
OP
T

tgr

Regular
IMGP1522.jpg

OP
OP
T

tgr

Regular
Rear spacing is 130mm. Has anyone any info about Rossins - particularly the Prestige.

OP
OP
T

tgr

Regular
Thanks, just difficult to get info on it. I would like to restore it back to its team colours, failing that i will do my own thing.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
If it's 130mm at the rear, it won't be as early as 1987.

The 130mm standard was introduced to cope with 8 speed gearing and I don't think Campag introduced that until 1990.

What's that hole in the top tube?

OP
OP
T

tgr

Regular
Jim,
Which hole? The pics show the number place braze on. I am hoping a Rossin officiando will know about the BB which will give me a clue. A sorta cheap frame is now getting expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Richard

Top Bottom