Roubaix vs Domane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domdom1980

Hi there!

I currently have a giant TCR and love it, but am looking for something a bit more comfortable/endurance based and am trying to decide between a 2020 roubaix comp or a trek domane Sl6.

It looks like the finishing kit is pretty similar, so I just wondered if anyone out there owned one (or both) at some point and had any advice?

I'd like to ride both, but due to location that's not possible, and at the moment I am leaning towards the roubaix as its currently about £400 cheaper....

Thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Thread about Roubaix here
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/what-a-difference-six-years-makes-2020-roubaix.256595/

What makes the Trek so much more expensive, groupset?

OP
OP
D

Domdom1980

Rutland currently have the roubaix discounted to £2800 which seems pretty good to me.

Hopefully going to check on out at one of their shops this week!

Richard1967

Just replaced my ten year old Giant Defy with a Domane SL5. Really impressed with the Domane really smooth ride with great handling. The bikes not the lightest but it was bought for day ride comfort, however it has a serous turn of speed.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just about to pull the trigger on a new domane slr. Bike fit in the morning to decide if I should go with the standard h2 endurance fit, or go with the longer and lower h1.5 endurance Pro frame... Suspect it will be the latter as I have a long body and short legs.

13 rider

Guru
If you love your giant TCR have you checked out a Giant Defy it's more endurance focused than the racey TCR . That said I own both a TCR and a Defy and do the longer rides on the TCR . A new TCR comes with plenty of spacers on the stem and initially the TCR was slightly more relaxed than my older Defy until I lowered the stem . I ride with people who between them own a Roubaix and a Domane and they both love them It's just down to personal preferences

OP
OP
D

Domdom1980

Thanks for all the replies folks. I couldn't find anywhere nearby that had the Domane in stock to try, so I went with the Roubaix.

After a test ride I was completely sold on it, very comfortable but still felt rapid, if not quite as edgy as the TCR.

Looking forward to a long run out this weekend!

Also, by the time I went to buy, it had another £100 knocked off the price, so £700 less than list - it was a no brainer!

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have the Roubaix Tiagra and its great. I larticularly like the shock system in the handlebar. Mine is the bottom end of the Roubaix line but I love it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
They are fast aren't they! I'm even thinking of selling my summer Bianchi and the old Roubaix SL4 and buying a 2020 S Works Roubaix frame then building it up with Dura Ace mechanical and some carbon wheels for a super lightweight build.

Top Bottom