Roundabouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Interesting roundabouts ? Some people must have an extremely boring life looking at some of the posts .😲

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Well you started it :laugh:
Well you could start posting interesting images on here. I think only a few out of the thousands of people on here are active😲 .
52000 of which how many just join to ask a question?

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
RB2.JPG

RB.JPG

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
If this roundabout was in the UK it would be another urban wasteland for the drivers who prefer not to slow down or stop. Also UK health and safety issue due to line of sight.

1000022940.jpg

lazybloke

Considering a new username
health and safety issue due to line of sight
Sounds like a rule that is applied inconsistently; I can think of plenty of roundabouts with bridges, trees/foliage blocking the view. Hell, there's even one at Farnham with a village in the middle!

Sometimes sightlines are deliberately blocked as you approach, presumably to 'calm' traffic

lazybloke

Considering a new username
1) Roundabout with deliberately poor sightline on the approach to J9 of the M25 from Oxted. The fence blocks your view in a car or an SUV. Lots of trees on the roundabout itself too. Not that I have a problem with traffic being slowed.
1710182411033.png

2) My fave foundabout, containing houses, pub, allotments and a car dealership; near Farnham
1710182934044.png

3) Plenty of trees on this A24 roundabout. I used to cycle past every morning, and always fancied going camping between the trees. I figured no-one would ever notice a tent.
1710183703301.png

Ah, I see wild camping on roundabouts is a thing; this isn't me!

And a bit further afield; cute furze-pigs on this Truro roundabout
1710184803396.png

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
If this roundabout was in the UK it would be another urban wasteland for the drivers who prefer not to slow down or stop. Also UK health and safety issue due to line of sight.

View attachment 724146

There are a lot of roundabouts in the UK with stuff in the middle you can't see round, quite often even trees and bushes.

An example of which is this one right outside my office. There are much nicer ones around, I just chose that because I am familiar with it.
1710206231569.png

Top Bottom