Route advice for the North of France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt1243

Regular
Hi guys, newbie poster but i've been a lurker for a while and in need of some help.

My friend and I have decided to do a short bicycle tour of France at the end of September/start of October for a week and in need of some advice on the best route with plenty of camp-sites etc.

Our plan so far has literally been to get a train from Derby (where i live) to Plymouth (Mrs lives there) and then get the Brittany ferry across. Planning on going from Saturday til Saturday. Really we're looking for a circular route to bring us back to Brittany, but obviously if it's a better idea/route to travel the coast and get a ferry back further up then so be it!

We've done plenty of UK tours and looking to do around 40 miles a day but really have no idea where to start with this one, any help would be greatly appreciated!

andym

Über Member
We've done plenty of UK tours and looking to do around 40 miles a day but really have no idea where to start with this one, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this sounds a bit literal but you start in Roscoff. From there you can either head west along the coast and then circle back inland. Or head east along the coast and circle back inland. Or for both of these you can head inland and then return following the coast.

Research the voies vertes (especially to and from the ferry terminal). Get a Michelin map (or go to viamichelin.fr) and follow the roads highlighted in green. It's hard to go too far wrong.

OP
OP
M

Matt1243

Regular
Cheers guys, literal is good and all i needed! Looking forward to taking my bike into the LBS to get it pimped out!

Top Bottom