Route help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michael3429

HI All

A friend and me, as promised over a month ago on here will be doing JOGLE in October. We are really struggling with the route. We are both fairly fit soldiers who believe we are ready for the challange no matter what the october weather brings.

So Route. We really don't know where to start, i've been on mapmyride and done a few routes. Scotland seems easy to plan. But north of england seems tricky. Which places should we avoid we hope to stop off in nuneaton (near Birmingham) and Gloucester. I've heard of people coming down through lake disctrict through preston blackburn etc etc.

What the quietest route. Just looking on the map everything is so busy there i don't know what to do.

Help Needed

Thanks

Rebel Ian

Why on earth are you near Brum?!!

There's two usual routes through Scotland using either the A9 or the A82 once you get North of Glasgow. I know you're coming the other way.

The usual route through England is down the West side - Carlisle, Penrith, Kendal, Lancaster, Preston, Wigan, Warrington etc. Nowhere as far over as Birmingham. Once you cross into Avon there's several routes you can take. There's lots of info on routes from various sources, not least of all on here!. Happy to provide some tips.

wintonbina

Über Member
Hi Michael,

Its easy(ish):whistle: to plan your route. Follow the main spine route as described previously, you could take the A5 from Shrewsbury to Nuneaton & then go thro' Coventry,Stratford and then onto Gloucester & Bristol.

Good luck,

Tony

Top Bottom