Route planner showing % gradients for clmbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slawek

Does anyone know of a website or software that allows plotting a route while showing % gradient for climbs?

There are a lot of places showing elevation profile but tbh I found it but useless - the moment when the route is long and the profile is 'squashed' it really does not say anything.

I know there was a website that apart from elevation profile showed the gradient as well but it has not been working for a very long time.

Any help would be appreciated

Slawek

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
bikehike has a button where you can switch from profile to gradient

Lee_M

Guru
Not as such but if you do segment search on strava then each of the segments give a %incline

Doobiesis

Über Member
If you have an iPad you can download Route Planner. It shows your mapped out route, and elevation gain.

Also try Mapmyride. It shows routes with elevation gain.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
RidewithGPS route planner does. As you build up your route the profile is displayed at the bottom. You can hover your mouse over particular bits of the profile and it will tell you the % grade. Or you can click and select particular hills in the profile to zoom in for a bit more detail.

[QUOTE 4447911, member: 45"]Google maps shows gradients if you select cycling as the option.[/QUOTE]

Does that work for you? None of the other transport options work for me, and havent for months. Clicking the cycling button does nothing.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Works for me. Used it recently on my mobile when my legs decided they had enough of al la carte exploring in an area not known to me and wanted to get home by the most direct cycle route.

Strava, plot a route by riding it, then when you "use route" you get the average gradient, and UCI based classification ( where applicable).

This shows it on rwgps, just enable the check box next to the elevation, this is a planned route.
upload_2016-9-14_17-39-50.png

grade is marked on the right of the graph.
upload_2016-9-14_17-40-44.png

Top Bottom