route planner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikeman

IS ther anything that takes where you live and generates different routes of distance an difficult?

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
You could try Strava. You can do a search for other members training routes etc in your local area

Route Genius on MapMyRide does it, haven't used it though, so don't know how clever it is at route selection.
Oh dear - just for fun, I tried it. Second 20 mile option it gave me - involves riding along the worst bit of the A64 for 7 miles, and 3 miles along the A1. I think ......... it may need a little exercise of judgement?

Having said that - it did eventually come up with a couple of routes I would use for 20 mile rides. Eventually.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I plot routes on ridewithgps.
You don't need a gps device.
There is an option that shows bike paths/routes
You can print the route map and a routesheet if you wish.
You can see how far and how steep the route will be.

Simples!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I plot routes on ridewithgps.
You don't need a gps device.
There is an option that shows bike paths/routes
You can print the route map and a routesheet if you wish.
You can see how far and how steep the route will be.

Simples!

Me too. It's also good for fiddling around with the route if I plot something too hilly and want to take some climbing out. I also like to have a look at some of the rides on Strava that have been done local to me. Sometimes gives me some new route ideas that I hadn't considered

And if you are on a road bike and planning a route on RWGPS, make sure that you drag the little google streetview man onto the map and check that every part of your route is accessible by car (the road turns blue). I've lost track of the amount of times i've created a route, tried to ride it and ended up in a farmers field or having to lift my bike over some kind of gate. (once i ended up in a field with a travellers horse tied up that really did not want to let me past).

Top Bottom