Route Planner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alba Zeus

Über Member
Morning,

I used to use a route planner a few years ago that whilst plotting a recreational cycle allowed you to select "choose quieter roads" when plotting the ride.

Had a look today and can't seem to find it so possibly it has gone but wondering if anyone remembers it and knows if it is still going somewhere?

Alternatively if someone knows of a webpage that has the same option?

PapaZita

Guru
Cycle.travel is pretty good.

Mike_P

Guru
Do you mean Cycle streets , which is still around.

https://www.cyclestreets.net/

Yikes, just used that, balanced takes me a ultra steep hill I only ever tackle on the Ebike and further on up one even steeper that has steps for pedestrians. Fastest meanwhile does avoid them but then takes a twisting uphill fast A road that I only ever use, and rarely even then, in the downhill direction.

sheep on wheels?

I don't use Strava for planning routes. I figure that most Strava users are roadies and their routes may not be my kind of routes.
I do use Strava to keep a record of my rides.

But to slag off unknown people and members of the forum as "sheep on wheels" within 15 posts is a tad provocative.

CycleTravel for me is the best route planner, home and away. There's loads of features that make it especially suitable for touring and it is being enhanced monthly.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to keep track of all the innovations! ^_^

Top Bottom