Route tracking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
I have a Garmin Edge 705 and 800 and my girlfriend is impressed with the breadcrumb trail you can see on the map after each ride.

She wants to have this so that she can track routes and distances covered when she rides and walks.

She's not interested in maps on the device, or even having the device on show (she's happy to just carry something in her pocket) she just wants to know how far she's walked/cycled afterwards and would like the option of showing it on a map.

My question is, what's the cheapest way to achieve this?

p.s. she doesn't have a smart phone so that's not an option (unless buying her a smart phone turns out to be the cheapest option).

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if she stays on road - for no money you can plot the route on Google Maps, and e-mail the link to yourself

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
She has a tendency to walk very much off route so she needs something that logs her route as she walks it.

Often she'll see something interesting and head off in that direction so trying to find the route she took on a map afterwards is a bit tricky. I was thinking of a Garmin Edge but I've no knowledge of any apart from the 705 and the 800 both way out of her preferred price range.

D

Deleted member 23692

Etrex10 is more like the edge 200 - it got a very (very, very) basic base map, but just records route data.. or enables you to follow a preplanned route. it uses .gpx files so it compatable with pretty much everything. I use Mapyx Quo for route planning/viewing, but I'm sure it will work with all the websites that have live mapping

Top Bottom