Rouvy & Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
If you ride a real road on Rouvy, are the strava segments combined for virtual and real rides of the same road?

Or does Strava separate out real rides from virtual rides?

OP
OP
A

Alex321

Veteran
Answering my own question, looking at it, I think it does separate them, but combines different virtual platforms.

I did Cap Formentor in Rouvy this evening, and checking those I'm following who have done the same segments, they all seem to have been doing virtual rides, but several were on the RGT Cap Formentor route (which is longer).

nicocyclo

Regular
From what I understand, it's separate. Rouvy has its STRAVA segments and STRAVA has its own. People who drive real routes, which they then upload to their STRAVA account, will not be transferred to ROUVY strava live segments.

OP
OP
A

Alex321

Veteran
From what I understand, it's separate. Rouvy has its STRAVA segments and STRAVA has its own. People who drive real routes, which they then upload to their STRAVA account, will not be transferred to ROUVY strava live segments.

Yeah, I've been looking at the Strava help, and they are categorised separately, provided they are recorded as "virtual rides" - which ones uploaded from Rouvy (or any of the other similar platforms) should automatically be.

And yes, the segments on the virtual rides have completely separate rider lists to segments on the same real roads.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I’ve just signed up for Rouvy as a change from Zwift. The one thing that’s the most annoying is that it doesn’t show the Wattbike gear selection like Zwift does. Much quieter too with hardly any other riders around which doesn’t particularly bother me. I’ll see how I feel after the trial period and decide if I want to keep it.

JuhaL

Guru
I have Rouvy and Tacx Training app because I have noticed that I have start to be bored with Zwift. I have felt that I need a new stimulation to keep my indoor training motivation alive. Rouvy and Tacx are good answer for my call.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have Rouvy and Tacx Training app because I have noticed that I have start to be bored with Zwift. I have felt that I need a new stimulation to keep my indoor training motivation alive. Rouvy and Tacx are good answer for my call.

I have to say my ride yesterday on Rouvy felt much more realistic and more comparable to a real life ride. I felt I was having to use the gears a lot more as it was a very up and down route. Zwift seems easier in comparison and my average speed is a bit higher than I would expect.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I’ve just signed up for Rouvy as a change from Zwift. The one thing that’s the most annoying is that it doesn’t show the Wattbike gear selection like Zwift does. Much quieter too with hardly any other riders around which doesn’t particularly bother me. I’ll see how I feel after the trial period and decide if I want to keep it.
The only thing that motivates me about Zwift is the fitness aspect. I can't see any purpose in plodding around just to collect route badges or to look at the scenery, or to have one-liner 'conversations' with people whose avatars just happen to be being rendered close to mine - I'm looking at my power.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The only thing that motivates me about Zwift is the fitness aspect. I can't see any purpose in plodding around just to collect route badges or to look at the scenery, or to have one-liner 'conversations' with people whose avatars just happen to be being rendered close to mine - I'm looking at my power.

Well I definitely thought Rouvy felt more realistic and tougher so I think it might improve my fitness more than Zwift. I will probably use both though. Don’t smoke or drink so my exercise is my main expense these days.

JuhaL

Guru
I have to say my ride yesterday on Rouvy felt much more realistic and more comparable to a real life ride. I felt I was having to use the gears a lot more as it was a very up and down route. Zwift seems easier in comparison and my average speed is a bit higher than I would expect.

Realism is a main reason what I always been call for. I think augmented reality is also pretty well implemented on Rouvy. Avatars do the job well enough on video, if it really matters. But like you said it feels more realistic.

Red17

Veteran
Well I definitely thought Rouvy felt more realistic and tougher so I think it might improve my fitness more than Zwift. I will probably use both though. Don’t smoke or drink so my exercise is my main expense these days.

Zwift tends to default to 50% gradient where as Rouvy defaults to 100% afaik.

I much prefer Rouvy to Zwift and like the option of my own little group of ghost riders to ride with

Top Bottom