Rowan Attkinson - smug?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muddy Ground

I see today that Rowan has crashed his F1 car into a tree. Is it me or did he come over as a smug git on Top Gear the other day? I normally warm to all of the guests but he left me feeling cold.

PIJ

asterix

Comrade Member
'should have kept the mini.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Excellent in Blackadder, surprisingly good in Johnny English, but otherwise I'm not really a fan, and find the Mr Bean stuff painfully bad.

OP
OP
M

Muddy Ground

Mr Bean is banned from our house but my five year old smuggled a copy in and loves it. I like the stuff he does generally, but now I can see why he doesn't do interviews that often. I do feel sorry for him and his car though - if anybody could love a car, he loved that one.

PIJ

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I saw Rowan Atkinson in his one man show in 1986, I thought he was very very funny. I don't like the Mr Bean stuff, but the Blackadder series was class. I am not interested in cars, so the accident he has had won't make me weep for smashing up a "super" car. No one else was hurt fortunately, and Mr Atkinson is being let out today so luckily his injuries aren't serious either.

OP
OP
M

Muddy Ground

I'd forgotten those! He's a clever and funny man, you can't take that away, and he clearly has a passion for cars that runs deep. Pity he's so bloomin smug about it all.

PIJ

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I liked his talents but comes across badly...
anyone who can crash a car with that level of grip on a public road has been doing something stupid and dangerous

Maybe he should grow up and stop re-playing teenage fantasies

gbb

Legendary Member
It would be interesting to know how such a capable car lost control within the speed limits of our roads. Thankfully another road user was not involved.
I believe the crash happened in or near a small village called Haddon...which is about 3 miles as the crow flies from where i live. I often cycle through there. Its single track road in places has a very steep hill just outside the village with passing places and some poor forward visibility. If it was there. with any reasonable speed, i can see how its happened.
I did wonder...what on earth brings Mr Bean to Haddon ???

Top Bottom