Royal Mail delivery bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Evening!

Recently purchased a G.P.O bicycle from a local seller for very low price - despite appearances it rides beautifully and is extremely low geared so getting up hills with only one speed is a read doddle. Going down them however is an exciting experience.

I am looking for the front carrier preferably in similar worn/weather beaten condition. Missed a couple on Ebay but one was immaculate and really too good to use on this cycle.

P.O. Bicycle.jpg

Andrew.

In my previous job we had an old post bike that we in the maintenance department used for covering the vast site. The front carrier was equipped with all the needed tools and some common spares. We named it the Rapid Response Unit and used it most days for nearly fifteen years until we closed. It is probably still on site somewhere, lost but not forgotten.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I were a beat Bobby there was a large Royal Mail depot on my manor. Out back they had hundreds of discarded Royal Mail bikes, some of which probably went back to the war by my reckoning, just slowly rotting away. Don't know if they're still there or not.

The rear brake is actually very effective but the wheel is out of true so locking of the rear wheel is an occurrence adding to the exhilarating down hill experience!

Top Bottom