Royce Bottom Brackets for the connoisseur.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
I've been admiring these Engineering components of beauty.

Square Taper Bottom Brackets for the connoisseur.

319.jpg

242.jpg

481.jpg

C R

Guru
I've been admiring these Engineering components of beauty.

Square Taper Bottom Brackets for the connoisseur.

View attachment 589209

View attachment 589210

View attachment 589211
The dimples seem a bit shallow to be able to apply any significant torque.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
The dimples seem a bit shallow to be able to apply any significant torque.
Not so, Clive who makes these has exact fitting instructions that come with every new Royce BB, you need to apply the correct amount of torque to the cups, then go for a short ride then apply the another correct amount of torque. Very serious attention to detail has gone into the Engineering and installation of Royce components, that's why they're one of the best.

325.jpg

Last edited:
The UK equivalent to Phil Woods or Chris King.I think the SKF ones are highly rated but lack the cache of a man in a shed with a lathe.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not many folk still have the peg spanners - Shimano etc moved away from them about 25 years ago. I still have a UN71 and UN91 BB (Ultegra / Dura Ace/XTR) that are perfect - they are quality.

Royce stuff is great though !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

A very much lot !! ;)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Not so, Clive who makes these has exact fitting instructions that come with every new Royce BB, you need to apply the correct amount of torque to the cups, then go for a short ride then apply the another correct amount of torque. Very serious attention to detail has gone into the Engineering and installation of Royce components, that's why they're one of the best.
I assume you also hold the tool in place with the crank bolt so it doesn't slip at all

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom