@rse.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Arch said:
I was on a dig with a load of American field school students once, over here for 6 weeks or more, and one of their Mums sent the guy a food parcel from home. All awful Herseys 'chocolate' and most insulting of all, a box of teabags! Like she thought WE don't do tea!:biggrin:

I hope you introduced those Americans to some cultured chocolate & tea ???

Keith Oates

Janner
If it's chocolate I'll eat regardless of where it's made, I do however admit that some is better than others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plax

Guru
The H&S Mgr brought us back some chocolate this week from his visit to the States (He's our honourary male canteen buddy, every girlie office clique has one;)). Hersheys. Yuk chocolate, but hell we'll eat anything that even remotely resembles chocolate in our office:biggrin:
The only thing that our lot hasn't eaten was the salt liquorice I bought back from visiting family in Denmark (if we go away it is customary to bring back sweeties traditionally specific to that country). My Uncle assured me that it is the in thing in Denmark. Absolutely vile. Nobody has even come close to out doing me on that one.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Carwash said:
That can't be right - the packs I get only contain three! That would be half a serving per pack.
The big bags they sell in the US have small buttercups - they are deeper and less flat than the 3 pack servings. I also used to hate peanut butter but the combination of salty goodness and choc is somehow addictive.

Peanut Butter Kit Kat Chunkys are also droolsome ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Rhythm Thief said:
I absolutely love that salty liquorice. You can send it to me next time you bring some back and no one wants it.;)

Same here, also I can fully recommend the liquorice vodka as well. I work for a Danish company so can get an endless supply of the stuff. The fruit one is very good as well.

Carwash

Señor Member
Plax said:
The only thing that our lot hasn't eaten was the salt liquorice I bought back from visiting family in Denmark (if we go away it is customary to bring back sweeties traditionally specific to that country). My Uncle assured me that it is the in thing in Denmark. Absolutely vile. Nobody has even come close to out doing me on that one.

If it's 'Tyrkisk Peber' then I'd be very happy to take it off your hands - it's delicious, and highly addictive! 'Djungel Vrål', on the other hand is pretty vile.

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
I hope you introduced those Americans to some cultured chocolate & tea ???

Oh yes. They all went home with bags filled with Mars Bars, CDM etc

One day, I found two of them sitting crosslegged on the floor in front of the washing machine, watching it. They only have top loaders apparently, and the sight of washing going aroundandaroundandaround just fascinated them.

Carwash

Señor Member
Arch said:
Oh yes. They all went home with bags filled with Mars Bars, CDM etc

Curiously, the attitudes expressed here towards Hershey chocolate accurately reflect the attitudes of many (continental) Europeans to e.g. CDM. Can't say I blame them to be honest. CDM is nice, but there's a lot to be said for Belgian chocolate... and Marabou!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Carwash said:
Curiously, the attitudes expressed here towards Hershey chocolate accurately reflect the attitudes of many (continental) Europeans to e.g. CDM. Can't say I blame them to be honest. CDM is nice, but there's a lot to be said for Belgian chocolate... and Marabou!

Oh, yes, of course. Belgian chocolate, that's high class. To be savoured. I've discovered the difference between the melting points of truffle filling (lower) and chocolate outer casing (higher) is just enough, if you have cold fingers, to let you lick out the filling slowly, if your tongue is dextrous enough, before eating the casing, which by that stage is on the very verge of melting in the mouth.

CDM, that's like a bit of rough....

Top Bottom