RSI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

What do you guys do to combat RSI?
I'm sure I'm not alone in working with computers, having a bad posture (amusingly I sit like Captain Kirk and walk like John Lennon), and as a result have a few aches and pains, especially in the wrists. After a few too many bumps in the road, I've invested in a Powerball - damn hard getting the knack of the blasted things, but I think I'm getting there. Any experience of them - do they work?

itchyrider

Aka Chris
I'm sure I'm not alone in working with computers, having a bad posture (amusingly I sit like Captain Kirk and walk like John Lennon), and as a result have a few aches and pains, especially in the wrists. After a few too many bumps in the road, I've invested in a Powerball - damn hard getting the knack of the blasted things, but I think I'm getting there. Any experience of them - do they work?

Cheers for that, you just reminded me, Got tennis elbow at the moment and i have a powerball somewhere? LETS FIND IT!!! ??

I will let you know if it works.......................?

Blue

Legendary Member

Ask your employer to assess your workstation to ensure it is made to fit. Make sure you get regular breaks. Stop using internet forums as this just adds to any work related problem!!

I have a slight kink in the spine due to leaning away from mouse hand for 25 years, but wrist ache was alleviated about 5 years ago by not by using a trackball at work.
My physio has given me exercises for my back & shoulder, but suggests that regular rowing machine work will sort that out as it is not that bad at the moment.

Get a workstation assessment before your wrists are that bad and get a trackball or a vertical mouse to help recover.

Speaking as someone who sufffered from this for years, if you have RSI form work then get your back looked at and get your workstation assessed properly. RSI is quite often not treated at source ie the symptoms in the wrist or elbow are treated whereas the problem often lies in the back or neck. Also take up something like pilates because it will massively improve your posture.

Top Bottom