RSPB big garden bird watch 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Thought I'd start a new thread as the last one was 2019.

Anyone doing the RSPB's big garden bird watch this weekend? It'd be interesting to see what other CC'ers get in their garden in one hour, especially with the geographical spread that we have. Share your count here!

I'm thinking about having a second go tomorrow as the neighbouring house is having noisy work done today and I suspect it's having an effect on todays sample. It's not close to being representative, I've usually got loads of sparrows, a regular couple of wood pigeon and another pair of collared doves, 2 or 3 thrushes, even a few goldfinch and long tailed tits occasionally. But today from 1pm to 2pm I've only had the following brave souls:

1 Blackbird
2 Robins
1 Dunnock
2 Great tits
2 Blue tits
1 Feral pigeon
(And a black squirrel).

Pretty meagre.

Hoping to do it tomorrow, will chip in after

Fat Lars

We live on a Farm and had many different species over the last couple of weeks. For the very first time we've had regular visits from a Marsh Tit. Yesterday at the same time we had 4 pheasants uner the bird feeder. Not sure about doing the survey as got lots to do. On another note a Blackbird wa singing its heart out at 7.00am this morning. Lovely

I did a practice run yesterday but it was clear that the weather had put the birds off . The birds were struggling to fly in the wind so we only had a few birds .
2 Blackbirds.
I Chaffinch
2 Blue Tits
2 GoldFinches
1 Sparrow.

A week ago we had .
6 Wood Pigeons
4 Chaffinches
2 Greenfinches
Lots of Goldfinches.
Several Blue Tits .
2 Great Tits
We might have had a Coal Tit
6 Blackbirds.
Several Sparrows.
A small flock of Starlings .

A visit from a Sparrow Hawk might have put a few birds off .

All uphill

Still rolling along
Unusually quiet here, too. Too many cats lurking around.

4 magpies and a crow.

Blue and Great tits.

Dunnock and wren.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Blue tit - 4
Great tit - 3
Coal tit - 1
Goldfinch - 3
Nuthatch - 2
Robin - 2
Chaffinch - 2
Dunnock - 2
Blackbird - 2
Long Tailed tit - 1
Wren - 1

Unusually no woodpeckers today, I usually watch the birds for a bit each day and invariably at least one turns up, but they're obviously feeding elsewhere at the mo.
Woodpeckers don't like the census and won't fill in the forms

Fat Lars

My wife did the survey and her list is crossed through so she must have updated the RSPB site with our contribution. I could hear her shouting out every so often from the other room with a triumphant cry of a sighting or two. There's a mistle thrush and that's 8 Jackdaws and look 3 robins on the path and 1 on top of the fence. Heh Heh!
Difficult to read her scrawl. I'll get her to decipher and post our list later.

Top Bottom