RSW 16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:hyper:

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Lovely. I love small wheelers. They're so much fun.

I have been known to purchase a....., ok then....a few Raleigh twenty's in the past but this will be my first RSW16, as you rightly say , they are so much fun.

Love RSW 16s. Friend has a mint one like the one his mother had that we rode as kids. Dead slow though, fine for a pub/shopper but not further. Full of character though!

yeah , I wont be going too far on it

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have been known to purchase a....., ok then....a few Raleigh twenty's in the past but this will be my first RSW16, as you rightly say , they are so much fun.

yeah , I wont be going too far on it
You can ride a 20 for mikes though, great little bikes :-)

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
You can ride a 20 for mikes though, great little bikes :-)

I don't know mike :laugh:

Salar

A fish out of water
I had one about five years ago. Heavy thing, paid £4 for it, sold it on. Some of the parts are worth a few bob as they fit the Chopper.
The front brake cable toggle is apparently quite a rarity.
RSW16.jpg

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The Chopper frame is supposed to be a hack of the RSW16 (you can see it at the front), although the general shape of the Chopper is very obviously based on a Schwinn Stingray.

The RSW16 was Raleigh's attempt to undermine the Moulton (which it also owned the rights to, but was presumably paying Alex Moulton as a result). There wasn't any prospect of suspension at the intended RRP, hence the big tyres.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My friend and I, aged about 14-15, rode two of these from West London to Aldermaston to visit his uncle. It was about 40 miles there, mostly along the A4. On arrival we rang the doorbell. He wasn't in, so we turned around and rode 40 miles back.

It was my school bike, because it would carry an enormous amount of stuff. It was an 8 mile journey each way.

Top Bottom