Rubbish LED Christmas lights!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just got the tree up & the lights plugged in, and the elegant white LEDs my wife got aren't working - or at least, three-quarters aren't working. They were new last year! Fortunately the cacky vulgar multicoloured old style filament ones I got off ebay (because I think Christmas tree lights ought to be vulgar and gaudy, not tasteful) work fine.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Odd, maybe you have been unlicky, we have never had a problem with ours, they have been perfect for years, even the outdoor set.
The filament ones on the other hand were always going wrong.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have several sets which don't work properly, I like light so I've bought quite a few sets over the years. They seem to go wrong in segments. So I have colour changing ones that used to fade through a range of colours and now half of them just remain red. But I have so many sets I couldn't justify going and buying more.... Or at least not until more go wrong.:whistle:

speccy1

I collect old lights from the 60s/70s/80s, have done for 30 years now - I just take my pick, just like going to a big shop!

I don`t do modern lightsxx(

tyred

Legendary Member
I may decorate my tree with old Every Ready and Pifco bicycle lamps:idea:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
What's wrong with candles ?
The Danes do still use real candles:

IMG_1238.JPG

They're very pretty. But they do have a slightly annoying habit of setting fires to people's houses. I remember hearing somewhere that some staggeringly high proportion of house fires in Denmark - something like a third of the annual total - are started by such candles during the fortnight leading up to Christmas.

Top Bottom