Rudge Pathfinder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
Picked myself up a Rudge Pathfinder that will be dropped off by the seller this evening. Got it for £55 with the 15% off voucher on ebay yesterday.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rudge-Pa...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

My plan is to t-cut, polish and wax the frame. Remove rust and polish the chrome. Buy a '50s brooks saddle to replace the cheap one. I'm going to try and keep it all original but I'll have to see the how the cables are when it turns up.

wisdom

Guru
Nice.Good little project.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I like that, proper old-school enthusiast's machine. Funny how it was the norm for ALL bikes bar outright track racers to have proper mudguards, pump & and saddlebag back then isn't it? Today's weight-obsessive roadies would have a heart attack at the thought of fitting all that!

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
I like that, proper old-school enthusiast's machine. Funny how it was the norm for ALL bikes bar outright track racers to have proper mudguards, pump & and saddlebag back then isn't it? Today's weight-obsessive roadies would have a heart attack at the thought of fitting all that!
I've been retro-catalouge hunting and in the original paperwork it states 36lbs so nearly 16kg. You do have 3 gears to help pull it up the hills though so what more could you ask for?

Top Bottom